For years, organisations and individuals have relied on printed documents to record history, conduct business, and communicate with others. While there are still many situations where paper is required and sometimes even preferred, digital processes and documents are replacing paper at a rapid pace.
THE PROBLEM WITH PAPER
Paper documents and images present challenges that are extremely difficult to overcome. If you’ve ever spent an entire weekend wading through boxes for a lost receipt or photograph, you know what we mean. Lost documents at home are an annoyance and occasionally cost us money; lost business documents can have even more serious repercussions. Here are just a few:
- Off-site storage may be required when years of paper-based processes result in thousands of archived documents.
- Locating documents filed in paper-based storage systems tie up staff members, inhibiting productivity and increasing labor costs.
- Lost or forgotten information can result in missed opportunities to form new client relationships and grow your business.
- Costly paper storage systems steal revenues that could otherwise be directed toward capital projects.
THE DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT SOLUTION
By scanning your documents and replacing some or all of your paper-centric business processes with electronic document management, your organisation can eliminate many of the difficulties caused by paper dependency. Consider these benefits:
- Reduced costs by eliminating the need for storage—document management systems require virtually no physical storage space.
- Improved productivity through streamlined electronic procedures, reduced inefficiencies, and process automation.
- Improved analytics to track trends, customer data, and revenues.
- Improved customer satisfaction through faster response times, better overall service, and fewer errors caused by manual data entry.
- Enhanced document security to keep sensitive information backed up and out of the hands of unauthorized users.
To learn more ways your company can benefit from a document management solution, contact us at Newcastle Business Technology today.