When you need a new piece of office equipment or to repair your printer or copier, you are probably thinking more about the issue at hand and quickly fixing it to get back to work than you are about who is working on your machine and viewing your information.
However, security is an essential aspect of selecting the right machine and also researching the proper business to partner for purchasing your office products.
TOP SECURITY CONCERNS
We reviewed common security concerns within the realm of office equipment and here are the top issues that came up from customers, office equipment companies, and business managers:
- That an outside party is viewing information during printer repair
- Someone else may access the network through unsecured portals and connectivity from computers to copiers or printers
- Documents may be left on the machine and be obtained by the wrong person
- Old devices may be improperly disposed of, allowing information to be accessed
Review these security concerns with your office equipment provider. The best teams will have a solution for every potential problem.
- Ensure printer repair policies are detailed, especially if there are sub-contractors involved, and include clauses for security and data protection.
- Confirm that the network and devices operate with the same security procedures as the rest of your office.
- These problems all become fast, easy answers when you are working with the right office equipment dealer.
REMEMBER YOUR FIRST PRIORITY: CUSTOMER AND EMPLOYEE SECURITY
Select a copier, printer, scanner, or multifunction device that will connect privately with your network and protect the data of customers and employees that trust their information to you. The right business partner will walk you through the security benefits of each machine, and even more importantly, will discuss how to keep your equipment secure throughout its lifespan, as you invest in printer repair, new copier features, and more.
Contact Newcastle Business Technology Group to learn about the easiest ways to protect your data and build a better business.